This historic winery was founded in 1865, starting a wine trading business in Mezzana, a suburb of the city of Prato. The company is one of the oldest realities in the wine sector in Tuscany. In 1970, the family bought a large estate in the heart of the Chianti Classico production area, in Panzano. This estate covers an area of 22 hectares, 12 of which are for specialized vineyards, along the Pesa river valley, better known as "La Conca d'Oro" for the superior quality of the wines that originate from it - at a variable altitude between 290 and 320 meters and with extension on the two sides of a hill facing south-east and south-west. With the support of the "Experimental Station for Sustainable Viticulture", today the company practices agriculture based on the principles of "naturalness and sustainability" and for the respect and quality of the environment synthetic chemicals are not used: better quality of the territory, best quality of the wine. The company has modern cellars partly in the body of the main farmhouse (built in 1500) with a wine-making department, the so-called "tinaia", separated from the aging one, consisting of a cellar dug inside of the hill, suitable for its function due to the reduced seasonal temperature change. Currently the production is based on the bottling of the main Tuscan wines in addition to Orvieto and Orvieto Classico, wines with denomination of origin of Umbrian origin. The company also produces and bottles dessert liqueur wines and sells high quality DOCG wines produced by other companies such as Carmignano and Brunello di Montalcino. The cultivated grapes are Sangiovese-Cabernet-Merlot. The annual production is of hl 515 of Chianti Classico wine to be allocated, depending on the company choice, to the three types, namely: Chianti Classico Annata, Chianti Classico Riserva and Chianti Classico Gran Selezione, for a total of 100 thousand bottles per year. Due to the type, location and care with which it is conducted, the company could produce exclusively Riserva and Gran Selezione, ie the most prestigious wines. The total covered area of the winery is approx. 1500 sqm.